Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Buffalo Sabres Calligramme

          I chose the Buffalo Sabres logo for my Caligramme because I grew up in Rochester, New York which is about an hour from Buffalo, New York. When I turned four years old, just like any other four year old I decided that I wanted to start playing a sport. Growing up in Western New York, hockey is a huge part of life so naturally as a little four year old girl, I decided to play ice hockey. Learning to skate took me about a year and by the age of five I finally was able to have a stick and start learning the game. I immediately fell in love with the sport and along with playing hockey I loved watching it. 
          We have an AHL team in Rochester called the Rochester Americans and they are the draft team for the Buffalo Sabres. Because of this I learned many of the players names in Rochester an then followed them through their career in the Buffalo Sabres. The best thing about the Sabres is that they bring me a feeling of home when I see them play. Watching their games reminds me of being home in my living room watching the game with my family and cheering for them. The other atmosphere they remind me of is going to the actual arena with all my friends and having the actual smell of the ice and roar of the arena all around you. I am excited for the Buffalo Sabres to travel down to play the Tampa Bay Lightening this year, and yes I will still be a Sabres fan even though i live in Tampa now. I could never change my love for the Buffalo Sabres, however I am willing to adopt a new Baseball team while I'm living in Tampa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment